Creating a Debian repository

I wanted to automate setting up my custom application on multiple Raspberry PI's. It was time to learn how to set up a Debian repository.

On my personal web server, the steps to create the repository:


cd /var/www
mkdir debian
cp /path/to/my-package_0.0-1_armhf.deb debian/
dpkg-scanpackages debian /dev/null | gzip -9c >debian/Packages.gz


On each Raspberry:

sudo sh -c "echo 'deb http://myserver.host.name debian/' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/myserver.list"
aptitude update
aptitude install my-package


Helpful, almost complete instructions I found at linuxconfig.org/ and help.ubuntu.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iMovie event library on a network drive, NAS

Proxmox PCIe passthrough on HP gen8 - failed to set iommu for container

Backup and restore observium